Signing Up for Microsoft Translator
To use the Microsoft Translator API and add it to your application or webpage, you will first need to sign in with your Microsoft Account on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace to subscribe to a plan. If you do not have a Microsoft Account, you can create one here.
Step 1: Sign in and register
Step 2: Subscribe to the Translator API service
Step 3: Register your application on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace
Ensure that you are signed in to https://datamarket.azure.com/home. At the bottom of the page, you'll see a number of links, organized into columns. Under the "Develop" list, select "Register your Application". The registration window will open.
Step 4: Getting your Client ID and Client Secret
The Client ID and Client Secret values are used to authenticate your service when you call the Translator API from your application. To complete registration to receive these values, fill out the fields in the registration window:
- Client ID: Give your application a unique name for calling the API. Do not use spaces in your Client ID.
- Name: The name of the application will be displayed to the user when asking the user's permission to access their account (spaces are allowed).
- Client Secret: This is the password your application uses to call the API. You may provide your own or use the provided password.
- Redirect URI: Complete this with any valid URL that uses https, for example https://microsoft.com. This field is not used by the Microsoft Translator API.
- Enable Subdomain Access: Translator does not use subdomain access so you can leave this box unchecked.
- Description: Optional description for the application, visible only to you.
Remember and note the Client ID and Client Secret fields. You will need these four our Global Translator module.